X

Katana 600 no start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 600 no start

My bike hasn't ran in ....2-3 weeks because I needed to replace the clutch.
    So I've done a few different things. I changed the clutch to a new Barrett and I cleaned the carbs changed stator gasket.
    I had the bike pulled apart fairings, gas tank, carbs. (Far as I went)
    Now I'm noticing I have 4 extra plugs 1 on left 3 on right. And I don't seem to have power to the spark plugs.
    I've looked the bike over and over there doesn't seem to be any connections for them.
    I've sprayed starter fluid straight into the carbs and nothing.
    Ended up killing my battery. So I pulled the spark plugs to check and they are clean so I let the gas evaporate for about 4 hours in case I flooded engine. And went to charge the battery. Come back. Same issue.
    My starter cranks up but I'm not sure where to look next and what is up with these extra plugs.
    The previous owner had Led lights but I ripper most of them out and still have the switch and wires so I'm positive I didn't remove anything.
    Please let me know
    And I'll add pictures as soon as I figure out how

In gear? Stand up or down? Pulse generator plugged in?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I have it up on the main stand. And yes it's in neutral. I've been playing with...... adjusting everything clutch cable , throttle cable , checked all fuses, I still have all fairings off. And I know which plugs are for the lights.
      No offense taken to stupid comments or questions if anyone can help trouble shoot or fix

Oh also it's a 2003 with about 16000 miles if that helps

So on the left it's a solid red and black with red stripe. Attached to a plug with one vertical and one horiZontal clip

On the right it's a 6 prong plug but only outside 4 are used.
      Wires black white stripe, black red stripe, solid red, orange with white stripe

Also on right back by the brake fill is a two plug with black white stripe and orange with yellow stripe

I'm assuming it's the original harness . I don't have the manual. =(

No rust in gas tank I don't think its getting fuel. Tank set on prime and gas seems to fill the hose. But that's about it starter fluid not working
      Last edited by Strife420; 05-20-2017, 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The downloadable manual is in mechanics 101
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks so much. I'll start dissecting the wiring harness now. Any other tips or ideas on not firing let me know and I'll update if I find something

Comment

So worse problems today. No no starter nothing. Went and bought multi meter and battery charger. Battery is full charged and I get no turn over nothing. Removed stater cover and all I get is a click. No dash lights. Starting to get seriously angry problems keep adding on. Removed the carbs and looking for bad wiring, all fuses intact. Any ideas and knowledge would help.

Comment

Overload at the battery or 25amp fuse in the fuse box.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Only 15 and 10 in the fuse box.
                Battery is only reading 8.9V it's a gel battery so I think it's die-ing
                Trying to bypass solenoid with screwdriver on bolts. Just get a click and the gears jump little. (Currently have stator cover removed)

Comment

A good battery would help.....
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Going to get one right now. Not sure if I caused the dead battery with all the excess button mashing but I should know within the hour

Comment

Alright new battery in starter turns no problem. But still don't seem to have spark. StillNo movement in carbs engine block

I know took more than a hour was a long walk to autozone

Bike starts now with new battery got lights but still no spark with starter fluid.
                      Trying to post pictures. I feel these plugs are important but no male end to the three of them been tearing threw the manual still no luck finding them

Was able to put it up on instagram Zkrejci420
                      Last edited by Strife420; 05-21-2017, 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Test the pulse generator and the coils.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                        X