X

01 Kat Front wheel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 Kat Front wheel

Ok, guys so someone hit me coming out of a driveway and bent my damn front rim. Now I'm trying to find a rim (other than a 08-02 Kat) that will for my 01 750. the reason is that I can not find one nearby. or at a reasonable price for the front rim.

Originally posted by HungLow View Post
    Ok, guys so someone hit me coming out of a driveway and bent my damn front rim. Now I'm trying to find a rim (other than a 08-02 Kat) that will for my 01 750. the reason is that I can not find one nearby. or at a reasonable price for the front rim.
    Are you sure your forks are not bent as well, if it was enough to bend your rim, i'm sure your forks are bent as well
    2002 750 Kat
    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Herds on Ebay right now for cheap...Bought a GSXR wheel off of there 2 weeks ago. Came in *perfect*

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
        Herds on Ebay right now for cheap...Bought a GSXR wheel off of there 2 weeks ago. Came in *perfect*
        GSXR front rim will fit the Katana no problem? oh yeah, the fork was bent, changed it already.

Comment

Originally posted by HungLow View Post
          GSXR front rim will fit the Katana no problem? oh yeah, the fork was bent, changed it already.
          You'll have to research that. I bought '95 GSXR 750 wheels for my '89 1100.

Did a search on 2001 Katana 750 front wheel - came back with a lot of hits...and cheap.

There isn't a lot of variation in how the GSXR wheels look compared to the Kat of those years. Basically straight or bent 3-spoke. In fact I think the twisted ones are the same between the Kat & GSXR.

Comment

Howdy neighbor, just got hit by someone too on 580 @ seminary. Drivers around here are absolutely terrible, glad it sounds like you're ok.
            Good luck finding a new rim
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

98 to 02 rims will fit.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

98-02 kat wheels. There may be a bandit 600 version that will fit. I'd have to look on that but I don't have time amt.

The GSXR wheels are wider... by alot... at the hub, and won't work on the stock kat front end.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  98-02 kat wheels. There may be a bandit 600 version that will fit. I'd have to look on that but I don't have time amt.

The GSXR wheels are wider... by alot... at the hub, and won't work on the stock kat front end.

Krey
                  The 03-06 rims are different? I though the only thing on the front end that's different is the bits related to the triple tree. Just looked at a parts fiche - whole buncha stuff is different - axel, spacers, bearings...huh. good to know.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Aren't the spoke different as well, straight?
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                    X