Slow Air jet -advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Air jet -advice

Hi.
    Just trying to clean the carbs and damaged the slow air Jet thats is next to the main jet.
    Does ir make too much diference and how i can replace ir?
    Thanks

Air jets are in the rim of the bore. Pilot jets are in the bowl next to the main jet. If You stripped it trying to remove it, It takes some finesse but, they can be removed. I use a drill with a small bit and drill the center out, but, not all the way through. Then I tap a very small flat screw driver in the hole and unscrew the jet. Works every time.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-13-2017, 08:57 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Last night dunno what went trough my head to damaged that but now its done...
      There are a couple of pictures just to clear my doubts.The one with the pointer its the damaged and the other is good
      If its air its passes trough and with the Jet on top should it work?

Last edited by deadalus; 05-14-2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Did you just strip the slot? If so... as long as the hole is clear and not blocked by damaged brass, I don't see why it wouldn't still work. http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/...7789#sch280104
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

I blowed some air and its ok.
          Meanwhile i already mount the carbs on the bike and after a sync it runs ok, just stutters a bit on idle.
          When cleaning i removed the first piloto screw didnt take note of the turma and just set it to 2.75 turns out from settled.
          The other 3 i took note and assembled the same way.
          Next weekend ill go change the plugs, fit oil and dust seals on the front suspension and fit a new chain and sprockets in my friends shop and ill try to adjust the af screws.
          Thanks again for the reply

Comment

Set them all at 2.5
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Just set them all to 2.5 and balances the carbs.
              Clean, tuned, balanced the carbs and adjust and lubricated the cables and its a much better bike now.
              Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X