Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Creating something unique and need help!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating something unique and need help!!!

So i have a 97 kat 600 and i was wondering what parts from other bikes i can use ( i.e stiffersuspention in rear and rime that will accomidate a 190 rear tire or new front forks so i can do a 120 front tire) i tried the ron ayers site in the crossover thread but got nowhere (possible user error) can anyone help?

Rebuild and respring a 750 shock, 120 tire will fit. 6" rim? kreylyn mods swing arms for wider wheels. I believe the GSXR wheel is what they are using.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-10-2017, 07:14 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

98-02 post kat front wheel is 3.5", fits the 120/70 tire well. It's a direct swap in.

The bandit 1200 rear wheel is a 5.5", will fit up to 180 for proper profile.

The 2k SRAD GSXR and busa rear wheels are 6". You would need custom sprockets made as the 6" wheel sprocket is offset a bit further out than the other wheels.

A custom modded swingarm from a Katana would be the easiest and cheaper in the long run way to fit the larger wheel.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm running a 120/70 front right now on the stock 1992 front wheel.

Comment

Most pre kat riders do, but it's a little bit pinched.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X