X

Vacuum lines for BST carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum lines for BST carbs

The carbs each have a vent tube (to the right and below the port for carb sync that has a black cap on it)
    This is the vacuum tube port that goes to the petcock?
    Should just one vent tube connect to the petcock and block off the other three or should I connect all 4?
    Is there a correct carb to connect the vacuum line too?
    On my Kwak 454 I only have one connected to the petcock (but it's only a two cylinder)
    Thanks guys!
    Here I sit in the shed with dead arms from a gas tank that's got rust now it has a gallon of vinegar and dry wall screws being shook around
    Well back to shaking
    Last edited by Gonzo; 04-02-2017, 12:47 PM.
    Kwak 454...Hoss
    Slowly changing my 92 Kat
    Ride it like you stole it!!!
    Then fix it again

What???? Your confused... petcock has two fuel lines and one vac line, vac line runs to the right side of carb 4. Vent lines from the tank and carbs (front of the carbs) run to the bottom of the bike. The carb vent tubes run over the airbox threw the clips on the filter then to the bottom of the bike. Now if you have the cali smog crap, you'll have a different setup with vents at the bottom of the carbs. Sync ports should have the caps in place with clamps, only used for syncing the carbs.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-02-2017, 01:15 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So I should simply cap off the other three vacuum lines (last one going to the petcock)
      Kwak 454...Hoss
      Then fix it again

Comment

Do you have the cali smog installed? Vac ports on the black caps are sync ports, they are to be capped and clamped. There should only be 1 more vac port. The right side of carb 4. It runs to the back of the petcock.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

I don't think I have the Cali stuff installed, there's a Reid valve box on top of the cylinder head going to the air box.

Do all the carbs have the vacuum port enabled, or just #4
          Last edited by Gonzo; 04-02-2017, 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Kwak 454...Hoss
          Then fix it again

Comment

Only 4
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Bahahahahaha she LIVES!!!
              Now to get fork emulators and new springs. Mabie a new rear shock too?
              Thanks for your help 92
              Kwak 454...Hoss
              Then fix it again

Comment

spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                X