X

batterys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batterys

i grabed my battery out of the basement today to charge it up for when it gets warm out. i noticed the acid leval was practiley at the bottom in every cell. im pretty sure it was not like that when i stored it. could it evaporate that much in a few months? i filled them up with rain water and put it on the charger i thyink its geting a charge now. but ill take it into work and test it. but it being that low am i screwed and need a new one now?

by bottom do you mean almost empty, or bottom fill line? if its the latter, you're probably ok. if its the former, you have a crack in the case or something. but I would think you'd have found that when you filled it back up. did you leave it on a tender, or just sitting?

Comment

I've run mine almost COMPLETELY dry before , and had them SERIOUSLY low . No , it's not a GREAT thing to do ,but after filling it with BOTTLED water (SHOULD use distilled ) , it fired up just fine . Your call .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

How old is the battery too, if its a few years old than you might want to consider replacing it anyways.

Also you might consider a battery tender for future reference when storing your battery..it keeps it at full charge and monitors it so as not to overcharge or let it drop.

Comment

it was like almost empty. its not cracked becuase its not leaking on the card board i put it on. i hooked it up to the bike after 24 hours and it cranked it but not fast enough to get it fired. not to mention the bikes been siting all whinter. ill let it sit awhile longer and see how it does. i work at an auto parts store so ill bring it in and test it on monday. otherwise i get batters for bikes super cheap.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

depending on how old your barrtey is makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

Working...
              X