X

Ignition Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Issue

Started back messing with the bike, since its starting to get nice.

Bike wasn't wanting to start, so kept trying to crank, eventually killed battery.
    Put a float on it and continue to try and crank, eventuall all power goes out.
    Killed the battery completely, i just replaced with a brand new one
    Even with key OFF, when i put the negative to the battery the starter starts running. if i turn the key over and open the choke 100% the bike starts but the starter is still turning over. the bike dies instantly but the starter is still clicking.

Anyone have any ideas?

Start button sticking. Starter relay stuck closed. You probably need to clean the carbs.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

def agree on the cleaning the carbs, due to improper storage for winter

if i disconnect the starter relay, i can attempt to hotwire and see if it will stay cranked correct?
      Last edited by worm-; 03-11-2017, 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Measure the voltage at the small terminals (wire disconnected), you should have nothing. If you see voltage the start switch is stuck and is very dirty or the spring is faulty.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X