X

cooling fan: good or bad idea?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling fan: good or bad idea?

I have a 95 katana 750. it doesn't have an engine temperature gauge and is air/oil cooled. but I was wondering if it would be worth the effort to install a manual cooling fan for long trips or hot days

Not really, I live in the hot humid south and have never had an overheating problem..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Unless your riding in extreme temps, it's not necessary. It gets up to 130 here, that is extreme enough not to ride in it.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It's not the trips, or excessive heat you have to worry about. It's the sitting in bumper to bumper traffic that isn't moving for a long time.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

A properly tuned engine would take that excess heat. Being around here for sometime now...that's not how most bikes here aren't done that way (slightly rich yields a cooler engine)...if it runs f*** it, I'm good. My flat slides are setup slightly rich and they run much better in the heat. I'm not..
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

ok so if I pull a 300 mile trip at interstate speeds I'll be good?

Comment

. If it were a problem, Suzuki would of not built them that way.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Due to space limitations and bike configuration, most fan options would reduce the cooling at speed, and not really add enough cooling at stopped to make a real difference.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                X