X

Carb problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb problems

I have a problem n i cant figure if it's just one or two problems working together I have a 95 gsx600f and when I try to start it it sounds like it back fires thru the carbs cuz I hear a hissing sound from the carbs and it sounds like a shotgun going off when it back fires and I'm not sure what the problem is can someone plz help me with this problem

Valve lash needs service..
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I might sound stupid asking this question but what is a valve lash

Comment

You need a valve adjustment.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

he's right...and there's this dude called Arsenic...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

First, lets clarify...

Backfire means the boom/flames is coming out the carbs themselves.

Afterfire means the boom/flames is coming out the exhaust.

It's important to know the difference, cause you have different issues to consider.

Backfire can really only happen on a Kat if the firing order is wrong. That really only happens when someone plugs the coils up incorrectly, or has the plug wires in the wrong order. Check those are correct if backfire is the real issue your having.

Afterfire happens anytime fuel vapor builds up in the exhaust. That could be a few different reasons, but the most common is carbs need clean/adjusted. If those are in order, then check your getting good spark on all 4 plugs, with proper voltage to the coils.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X