Need Help with Fueling Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Fueling Issue

Hi everyone,

I have a 2000 Katana 750 with aftermarket exhaust and Factory Pro Jet kit installed. About three months ago I removed the carburetor bank for cleaning which I have done many times in the past with no issue. Cleaned everything as usual and meticulously replaced each and every o-ring, spring, jet, etc. Put the carbs back on and now I have the following issue:

At approximately 3k RPM with just a small amount of throttle in order to maintain speed (slow speed cruising) the engine studders and runs rough. Once I top about 4500 RPM it smooths out. When Im accelerating hard it runs perferctly. It idles perfectly.

-I have checked, rechecked, and checked again jets, emulsion tubes, needle height, and float height. Float height is at 10mm but this has always been the level and ran perfectly before.
    -All hoses have been checked.
    -Fuel filter has been checked - clear.
    -Fuel intake boots have been removed, the gaskets replaced, and checked for leaks afterward. No leaks.
    -The connections between the carbs and manifold boots have also been checked for air leaks. None.
    -The slide diaphragms are intact and in excellent condition with no tears. Also the O rings along the gasket of the 'caps' are intact as well.

Anyone have any ideas? Im at the point to where Im ready to just purchase another bank of carburetors.

I'd say adjust the float height to the correct level. Float height is critical.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      I'd say adjust the float height to the correct level. Float height is critical.
      +1
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I doubt you're adjusting the float level correctly. The 98+ BSR carbs need to have the heights set when the floats are just flopped over, not just flipped upside down.

Comment

Try the below link for adjusting the float heights. I was having issues getting mine set right before using the below method. Now I'm set thanks to Junker recommending the below!

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
          From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
          this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Comment

Working...
          X