X

Oil filter stuck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter stuck

I went to change out the oil filter and it feels like King Kong put it on. I bent a pair of oil filter jaws trying to get it off. It's a Suzuki oil filter. Any suggestions?

Update : I just tried wrapping duct tape around it and giving it another go. Won't budge.
    Last edited by Xerrith; 02-07-2017, 09:49 PM.

A screw driver driven through the filter, messy but it works. Filter wrench, cap type works also.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I just placed an order for this job. Had the best reviews on amazon for cheap. See how it goes in a couple days, it has high praises on removing really stuck filters.

Motivx Tools Adjustable Oil Filter Wrench for Removing 2.5" - 3.25" Diameter Spin-On Oil Filters - Perfect Tool for Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, ATV's, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BS5B3ZQ..._pUOMybB04T6Q7

Comment

I second the cap style, especially with the insane (compared to cars) number of turns on the OEM filter.

Comment

Whenever I can't get an oil filter off, I just drive a big ass screw driver through it with a hammer and twist. 100% success rate.
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Wow. That tool I ordered off of amazon made that job incredibly easy. I barely had to put any force on the ratchet and it started to spin loose. Highly recommend that tool !!

Comment

Me personally? I enjoy brutallly smashing a screw driver through it. That usually only happens the first time because I'm not an idiot and I don't hulk the oil filter on. But it seems any time a get a new/different vehicle/bike, the oil filter does not want to come off. I feel like violently smashing a screw driver into it and getting oil all over the place really lets said vehicle know I'm not fucking around and will impose my will upon it.

But that's just me.
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Could be a nice tool to have. K&N oil filters have a nut like protrusion. Some times that doesn't work but, a BFS and a BFH always works......
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

You guys are both right lol. I just didn't want to take any chances. It's given me enough headache gettin it running.

Comment

Working...
                  X