Grip Replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grip Replacement

Good day all,
    The 95 Kat I got came without grips, but did have the throttle tube. I picked up some replacement grips, and they don't seem to line up correctly. Specifically, it looks like the throttle tube is a little longer than it should be. So I'm hoping one of you experts may be able to give me some advice and insight.

Here's what I believe is the stock throttle tube:

And here is where I believe I could cut the tube to make it work.

Now, it's quite possible I should simply buy a new throttle tube and be done with it, but if I don't need to, I'd rather not.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

The end of one of the grips should fit over that. Is it possible you bought the wrong grips?

Or you are trying to install them on the wrong side?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The end of one will indeed fit over the end of the tube, but it won't quite go far enough onto the tube. By that, I mean I measured the inside depth of the grip and it looks to line up with the inside of the raised portion of the tube if pushed against the left stop of the tube. Does that make sense?

The grips were a pretty universal set with the inside diameters being 7/8" and 1" respectively, and showed to be applicable to the 95 Kats, but I've been wronged before.

Here are a couple more pictures that may give you a better idea of what I'm working with:

The grips:

The ends. 7/8" on left 1" on right

Here I've got it butted up against the leftmost stop. It appears as though it will extend into the grip cap.

If I adjust it to where I think it should stop, there's a gap to the leftmost side.

This shows the end of the tube lined up with that appears to be the inner most depth on the other end.

Of course, I'd hate to have to buy another set of grips, but if that's more appropriate, I can certainly do that.

Thanks, again, for your time and insight.

Comment

Looks like both grips are too short...back to the drawing board.

Comment

You bought the wrong grips. You want open ended ones.

-Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

So, open ended with separate bar ends. Got it. These are actually open ended with separate bar ends, but SHORT. They're like 110mm on the inside, and I think we need 125mm for the pre-kats. At least that's what my measurement looks like. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Comment

Working...
            X