Screw size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw size

Hi all

I've just started stripping my carbs and choke, as my choke was filthy and sticking. I've found that one of the choke slider screws is missing, and it's caused the slider to bend slightly. I want to replace it, and the washer that sits under it, but I can't find the size of either of them.

I can't remove another screw yet, as the heads are getting chewed, and I have nothing to replace them with if I end up having to drill them out. Parts sites seem to have high premiums for standard bolts, so I'd rather buy locally. I'd be grateful if anyone could help me out. They're items 2 & 3 here:

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/s...retor-fittings

It's a UK GSX600F W reg (2000), and as far as I'm aware, everything's stock, other than the exhaust. It was sitting in a garden for five years before I got it, so every now and then I find some random crud that I managed to miss when I cleaned it up

Thanks in advance

There's a few parts fiche that actually list bolt size. Bikebandit might do it, I use that and ronayers the most and frequently can find it out that way.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I'm sure Arsenic will post up and will have the screw size. Replace all of them while you're doing it. They should be replaced with socket head cap screws btw.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I don't know the size of EVERY carburetor screw. For example, no idea what that one is.

Comment

If I remember right, it's the same size as the float bowl.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

The 98+ float bowl screws or the pre 98 float bowl screws?

Comment

pre
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

M5 x .8

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  M5 x .8
                  That's fantastic, thank you

I tried a few different fiches, but none of them would give the sizes, just the part numbers and price. Time to go to my local hardware store

Thank you to everyone else for the help too, I'll be back on the road in no time

Comment

Working...
                  X