X

Katana Carb Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Carb Help!

Hi guys. I just got a 1989 Katana 750. The carbs that came with it are gonna need to be rebuilt. Does anybody know if I can use a set of GSXR Carbs on my Katana? The carbs I'm looking at came off a 88 or 89 GSXR. What do you think?

Nope.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Nope. You could make them work but, if you're asking this question, it will be over your head. 90-97 kat 750 carbs, much better carb set than the basterd 88-89 set. Some things will be needed but, they will work just fine with little work. 98-06 could work also but, more work would be in evolved in those also.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Where do you suggest getting rebuild parts or carbs for an 89 Katana 750?

Comment

They are getting harder to find. Try K&L. Found these http://www.ebay.com/bhp/suzuki-katana-600-carb
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-10-2016, 09:36 AM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

the 750 carbs are the same 89-97. Just the 600 has those dumbass 88-89 carbs.

Comment

OP, trust ^. Hes spent more time rebuilding kat carbs (professionally) than many members have spent riding their kats. I'm guessing he doesnt have any pre 750s or he likely would have linked to his eBay store.

Isn't he also going to need those plug thingies that don't come in the kit, or is that only for pre 600s?

Rebuilding is pretty simple, most people have a harder time cleaning carbs. (You said rebuild and not clean...) Hit up the wiki for carbs 101 for a how to for both. 2 things incorrect with it - soak carb bodies for 24 hours minimum on cleaner, don't spray canned cleaner at them. And set A/F screws to 2.5 turns out. Other than that, it'll be your best friend.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Seems weird that they sell a 88-89 750 kit..:
                Your options are much easier. Yes, you will need pilot jet plugs and possibly fuel T seals.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

No, not "weird", fucking stupid.

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                  Isn't he also going to need those plug thingies that don't come in the kit, or is that only for pre 600s?
                  No, that's the 750 too.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 11-11-2016, 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So, I can use any Katana 750 Carbs on my 89 that are from 89-97?

Comment

see post #6

Comment

Yes
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I still have a fully rebuilt set of pre 750 carbs. $400+ ship.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                          X