X

Electrical issues! No lights, no start, nothing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical issues! No lights, no start, nothing

I have a 2001 Katana 600 and recently the bike has been having issues. It started out with the headlights not getting power to it intermittently not getting power and now I have no power at all to anything. The previous owner bypassed the clutch sensor and I when I wiggled that around it helped before but now it does nothing. It died on me last night when I used my turn signal and haven't been able to crank it since. No neutral light, headlights or oil indicator light and nothing seems to be getting power but the clock. Battery seems fine I put it on a charger and it was at about 12.7v. I tried cranking the bike just to get me home by bypassing the starter with a screwdriver and it wouldn't crank that way either. Maybe an ignition issue or wiring loose? Fuses seem fine as well... any help appreciated greatly

Check the fuse on the starter relay (30 amp). Fix the electrical issues, if you have to fiddle fuck with the wiring to get things to work, that's a major issue.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Fuse is good. I guess I'll have to break out multimeter and start diagnosing? Easier to just get new wiring harness?

Comment

Check for burnt plugs and all the fuses. Plus the negative wire and the small negative at the battery
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X