Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Batman_89 View Post
    The button still sticks when I push it with the bike off though and wouldn't the solenoid only keep the button stuck if power was running through it? Im gonna go and do a good cleaning anyways while I have the body parts off anyways
    Re-read sentence 1... that covers the button physically sticking. It's not as common, reason followed up with the other options. It would appear, that option one is the answer though.

KRey

Leave a comment:

• Batman_89
    replied
    The button still sticks when I push it with the bike off though and wouldn't the solenoid only keep the button stuck if power was running through it? Im gonna go and do a good cleaning anyways while I have the body parts off anyways

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Is the button physically sticking down? If yes, pulling it back up should stop the continued cranking. A good cleaning would resolve the issue, just open up the pod.

But... I doubt that's the issue. I'm gonna bet what you think of as the starter button sticking is actually more that when you engage the starter it won't stop cranking, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the starter button at all. A poor connection or bad battery will actually cause the starter solenoid to hang up on you. When you trip the solenoid with the starter button, it's the solenoid that isn't cutting power to the starter... nothing to do with the button.

I'd suggest you test your battery, check the fluids. It's pretty common for the kat electrical system to cause degraded signal to the alternator - meaning that the system starts to over charge the battery on long rides if not prevented/corrected with electrical system maintenance.

Doing the full once over on all the electrical connections would probably be a good idea too. Clean, dielectric grease, replace damaged components, so on....

Krey

Leave a comment:

• Batman_89
    started a topic Starter Button sticking

Starter Button sticking

Yesterday I was coming home on a 6 hr trip and got stuck in traffic so had to pull over not to overheat bike, went to start it and my starter button stuck so whenever I pulled in clutch I could hear the starter motor going, managed to pull lever to stop that to get home, when I got home I can start the bike now but button is very touchy either my lights go off cuz its stuck a bit or starter kicks on until I pull at lever...any suggestions would be great thanks
Working...
X