X

The kat is finally purring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kat is finally purring

After full service tires and valve clearance and carb clean list could go on for a bit the kat is running sweet finally getting to enjoy it. It starts it drives it stops. Winter is coming but over here that just means the rain is colder as it literally rains all year round. I will have a reliable motor to see me through.

congrats. just finally got mine running too, its a great feeling when all the work pays off.
    Steve
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by mcgyverit View Post
      congrats. just finally got mine running too, its a great feeling when all the work pays off.
      Wish I Did it myself but paid a guy who knew what he was doing. Good to have it back missed it badly

Comment

Fyi, on older bikes rain is sometimes an issue with the electrical system. If your bike starts stumbling/bogging/stalls out in the rain, check your plug wires and coils for cracks. I didn't have visibile cracking on mine, but ran poorly in the rain. Covered things up with some electrical tape and heat shrink, hasn't been an issue again yet, but only had 2 days of light rain and a short ride each time since.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
        X