Pre- 600 Carb O-Ring Sizes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre- 600 Carb O-Ring Sizes?

Hey folks;

1991 600. Cleaning Carbs - my gaskets are good, but Float O-rings need to be replaced. Ordering eight little o-rings costs $34.44 on BikeBandit.

The diaphragm O-rings are #7 Plumbing o-rings, 10 for $2.50 at Home Depot. Sweet.

There are several threads on the forum (and a page in the wiki) detailing the sizes of the post carb O-rings, such that they may be bought at a hardware store. However, no amount of searching on my part is turning up the sizes of the Pre O-rings. This seems odd to me.

I am wondering if anyone has successfully replaced these Pre O-Rings with ones bought at Home Depot or similar, and if so, what sizes he/she used. I would really prefer to spend $5-10 as opposed to $40. (An option is to take my old ones to the store and compare, but they are not in the best shape and I fear I may inadvertently choose a slightly wrong size.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by Heeltoeclutch; 10-11-2016, 08:11 PM.

Or buy a metric o-ring set.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Or buy a metric o-ring set.
      My goodness - I did not know such things existed!!

Now I must ask - if this type of kit works, why is this not a more commonly practiced alternative for those who do not need all the pieces in a carb kit?

Comment

Some of the OEM o-rings are an odd size and won't be in the kits, not diameter but the actual O-ring thickness.
        https://jetsrus.com/parts/orings.html Here is a list of commons sizes
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-11-2016, 10:46 PM.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

I thought i remembered a post from either Arsenic or the Cyberpoet listing the oring sizes for the Pre? Can't find it though....

Comment

Oh I know them, trust me. I have them, lots of them. If you want to buy some, I can provide a whole set of every o-ring you need. If you want me to tell you so you can buy them somewhere else, good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Oh I know them, trust me. I have them, lots of them. If you want to buy some, I can provide a whole set of every o-ring you need. If you want me to tell you so you can buy them somewhere else, good luck with that.
              Heh, and this is how arsenic makes his millions.

So my options are:
              1. Buy carb kit from online dealer
              2. Buy metric O-Ring kit and hope to find correct sizes
              3. Buy needed O-rings from Arsenic, master of carburetion

Hmmm....

Comment

No brainer......
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

If it were millions, I'd be paying someone else to sell you o-rings.

Comment

No, you wouldn't. You would no longer give a shit.
                    Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-12-2016, 11:24 PM.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                      No, you wouldn't. You would no longer give a shit. :tearlol:
                      I see your point, and I agree. However, if you have millions, you want billions. So I may no longer give a shit about KatRiders.com, but I'd still give a shit about selling o-rings.

Comment

Let's not get greedy....take your millions and run....
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                        X