X

At wit's end carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At wit's end carbs

I have a 2005 katana 600. Was running fine but been sitting for 7years ran fine but had rust in gas tank. So I cleaned and sealed the tank while I was waiting for sealer to cure. I cleaned out carbs put it all back together and now it will idle fine but when I give it a rev I get one rev next try it falls on its face and dies if I block off some of air it works but that's it please help I'm a goldwing macanic but this first sport bike and I'm lost

Not a sport bike. It's actually a sport touring bike. Sounds like a diaphragm issue. Or a main jet issue. The idle jets control rpm up to 3k, then the transition of the main jet starts to work in. If it's failing on rev you're lacking fuel, so it is a jet or passage issue. Have you properly synced the carbs?
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-02-2016, 09:43 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I wish you the best of luck. However, if you can't get them rebuilt to your satisfaction, I can. Ask 92xjunker.

Comment

Thank you Junker I'll try and make sure diaphragm seals and I can eat off jets they so clean lol. I'm trying to do must my self been out of work for a while and cash flow low the bike was given to me for free it's a fun bike almost as much as my Honda Valkyrie but thanks guys. You get to Fl hit me up

Comment

Still at a loss didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            I wish you the best of luck. However, if you can't get them rebuilt to your satisfaction, I can. Ask 92xjunker.
            Like new...

Originally posted by Nomad1369 View Post
            Thank you Junker I'll try and make sure diaphragm seals and I can eat off jets they so clean lol. I'm trying to do must my self been out of work for a while and cash flow low the bike was given to me for free it's a fun bike almost as much as my Honda Valkyrie but thanks guys. You get to Fl hit me up
            How did you clean the carbs? I would tear the carbs down and inspect every part. Make sure the needle jets aren't clogged or worn. Dip the bodies again in berrymans card dip.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-02-2016, 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Carb dip. Then I went through all the ports and jets with a nylon wire. Then as putting together I resprayed with brake cleaner. It doesn't leave a residue

Going to check them out after lunch. Any ideas text or call me 8632413340
              Last edited by Nomad1369; 10-02-2016, 11:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Now I'm getting raw fuel coming out muffler and it only runs on half to full choke I'm going to send it to a shop tomorrow and let them deal with he'd ache

Comment

Is the oil over full or smell of fuel by chance?

That would cause a lot of issues.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

New inners on all carbs and I get these
                    It will idle but when I hit the throttle it bogs down I cover half the air filter and it revs any ideas I'm over looking SOMETHING just don't know what
                    Last edited by Nomad1369; 01-13-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Too much fuel. What size pilot jets are you running? What do the A/F needles look like and are the O-ring there?
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Emulsion tubes out of round?
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

It idles fine bogs on acceleration

Comment

Shop cleaned carbs no change take it back they say it a air leak. ??? From where boot seals new carb clean someone help please it runs better if I block off some air from air breather

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad1369 View Post
                              Shop cleaned carbs no change take it back they say it a air leak. ??? From where boot seals new carb clean someone help please it runs better if I block off some air from air breather
                              Not clear, but... where exactly is the air leak?

If it's the engine side of the carb boots, replace the orings.

If its the air box side, reseal the airbox with gasket sealer.

If not those, please explain or provide picture.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                              X