X

Changed batttery now no start?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed batttery now no start?

Hey guys im a newb and im porbably posting in the wrong place bear w me if you can i need some advice.... I just bought a 95 kat 750 it hadnt been rden all year by the pre owner so i get it home drain old gas and replace with fresh it has a bad battery so i jump it off and it fires right up.... I drive it down the road and back and the. Go to autozzone to get a battery..... So i get home and the battery is slightly larger than the tray so i tweaked it a bit to get the bigger batt to slide in there hook it up anx i get lights blinker horn but when i hit the start button nothing now..... Im pulling the clutch its in neutral the four fuses that are right next to the battery are good what am i doing wrong is is there another bank of fuses somewhere i dont see???? Relays or something Ny help is very appreciated

Did you plug in the NEG wire at the battery, not the battery connection. Also the battery will need a full charge to be 100% useful.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1, Some batteries don't come charged
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I bought the battery that comes ch1arged paid extra for it so 1i could ride last night..... So what is that other wire. Your talking about id say thats my problem but i just saw the power and negative for the battery....and i dont remember taking any other wire off
        Last edited by Jessehendrixp1; 09-23-2016, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Loom NEG.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I only see thw neg and positive battery cable there is another wire that is connected with a harness is there another wire that nay have fallen somewhere then?

Comment

Hey i just thought id post an update i took off my fairings and what had happend was i pulled one of the wires out of that thing(i dont know the name of the part) that has a few small prongs in a circle loojs smothi g like a small disty cap pulleg it back up and started right up thanks guys for the replys i havent had a bike in a while i forgot that smoetimes you just have to pull the fairing off and find something simple and loose......thanks again for the help

Comment

Working...
              X