X

Oil leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak

I have an oil leak and it's hard to see from where it is leaking ...the best that I can tell it is underneath the carburetors.. I went riding and noticed that it was dripping quite a bit from that area but it's hard to see because of the fairing does anyone know what it possibly could be from? Is there an oil line underneath the carburetor area? I know the bike is oil colled ..and I'm hoping that it might be the problem and nothing more serious.

Pull the fairings and have a look.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yes I'm going to I was just trying to get an idea of what's behind the engine underneath the carburetors if there's a line for that oil cooler or not?

Comment

Oil cooler, no. Oil feed to the head, yes. Pick up some metric O-rings you'll most likely need them.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

There's 2 lines up at the top of the head that merge together and enter the crankcase as a single line beneath the carbs. If you think it's coming from that area, those are likely bets.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
          X