X

exhaust and jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust and jet kit

I am thinking about buying an exhaust for my bike within the next week or two.....i am looking at vance and hines so would i need to have it jetted? and will pre 750 system bolt up to a 600...after reading i think they will but would like to know from you guys.

All the info can be found with the search button ......
    Rejet MAY be needed , if it's a full system it WILL be needed . 750 SHOULD fit on a 600 .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

exhaust

If i was to take the stock headers off a pre 98 600 and cut the cans and replace them with two slip ons or make a 4-1 connection somehow.....do you guys think this is possible, what kind of problems i may have, etc, jet?

Comment

Expect to need to rejet any time you seriously change the exhaust system; whether you can get away with changing the settings on the original jetting, or if you'll have to replace parts is the real question... As MD86 said, if you replace the headers, expect to have to go to a jetkit.

As for cutting and welding -- forget it (this is based on your questions, which tell me you don't have the engineering knowledge to know how to pull off a tuned exhaust system). If you really want an one-sided exhaust, get a 98+ header, oil pan and oil pan pick-up and install it in place of what's already there. If you just want to change cans (and stick with a dual system), unbolt the existing ones where the mid-pipes meet the collector and replace them.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

And to answer your question about the jet kit....

for doing something minor like throwing a slightly more free flowing header and slips ons on, you could prolly get away with just changing the jets (costs about $13 bucks) compared to a full jet kit that will cost you about $100.. but that is not included in cost to install it and tune it, and like cyber said, and no offense, but doesn't sound like you may be the most inclined at doing it yourself, but if you do, we are more than happy to help you, and show you the way!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

exhaust

i am not capable of pulling of the system by myself but i ahve friends that are...one owns his own garage and does exhaust work and is a mechanic, therefore he could prob help me....as for the jetting i'm not sure, i thought you ahd to buy a complete kit but you guys say not. i dont think i can just unbolt my cans b/c i have a pre-98 model but i'll look and let you know.

Comment

Working...
            X