Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I bought a lemon

Lads might bought a lemon 93 katana 750
    Motad 4 into 1 exhaust otherwise standard

Just back from a 70 mile trip up the motorway 35 up 35 down and she was out petrol bout 17.0 litres in tank at start was in 6th gear at 65mph all of way.

Had carbs removed synced and balanced last week changed air filter and oil and oil filter.

I read here on forum these bikes Shud get 180 to tank I can't get 100 to a tank including reserve with very light on the throttle

Pull the carbs and check the jetting, how many slots are on the needles? What air filter are you using?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Standard air filter and jets mechanic took apart standard jets. Slots on needles ?

Comment

Lemons don't last 23 years. You didn't buy a lemon, you bought a 23 year old motorcycle.

Comment

Standard jets says nothing....what size?
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            Standard jets says nothing....what size?
            "the mechanic said" is what means nothing. Anything that follows is bullshit 99% of the time.

Comment

No idea what size the jets were the float needles is that what goes into the emulsion tubes? were worn a bit but since I changed the plugs I got 135 miles last fill up till it cut out and had to switch to reserve so lot better with that and she is a 23 year old bike with 50,000 miles so I delighted it double the tank range 😁😁😁😁😁

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X