X

Please help, locks up during crank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, locks up during crank

When I try to crank my 2004 Suzuki Katana 750, it sounds like it locks up. I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. If anyone can offer any solutions or guidance I would be very appreciative. Please see the attached video.

This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes it cranks up just fine and other times it does this.

check the oil level and smell it, bet there is fuel in there. Sounds like Your hydro locking the engine, carbs are dumping fuel in the motor.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The tube your pointing at is oil tube, gas coming out it means you have fuel in the oil. As mentioned, check that... it's an issue. Could be hydro-lock, but...

A loose starter will also twist and bind up causing things to lock up. I'd check that too.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thank you both for the quick replies. I'm gonna check it out and see if I can't get it fixed up. The thing has been sitting in my garage for several years and I just pulled the carbs and scrubbed them and got her running again then this. Hopefully this is it.

Comment

Working...
        X