X

After a crash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a crash

Soooooo I was hit by a car on the freeway, needless to say the bike went down. I have it back at home, and not there is no power anywhere, ignition, cluster, anything. checked the fuses (the main fuse too ) nothing they are all good, most of the visible wires look good, no idea what where the problem could be. to make it short, turn key, no electrical power anywhere, oh yeah checked the battery too.
    oh yeah is a 01 750

The problem is it got hit by a car. I'm guessing that messed some stuff up. Glad your ok, bikes can be fixed.

Comment

YEah only a broken left knee, ill heal, but the bike needs to be up, looking at it all bangged up just depresses me, I'm sure something if broken, the problem is finding what. The forks are all bend, but I already order new ones, need to get the bike surring before I even worry about the forks.

Comment

Probably have to break out the multi meter and start tracing from the battery...
        Good luck healing. I moved up to Oakland a few months ago (from San Jose), traffic is a complete bitch. Glad you were able to walk (relatively speaking...) away after going down in that mess.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I remember the post have an issue when they go down, a plug on the right side gets fuckered up. I can't find the post.....
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Well, if the forks are fuggered, then the ignition switch and wires / plugs may have taken some dmg as well.

Simple answer... do some disassembly, take the plastics and tank off... trouble shoot with a volt meter and or look for any damaged wires and connectors. Your going to need to do some work, we won't be able to just say "this is the problem *points finger"

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X