X

help identifying unknown part?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help identifying unknown part?

Started messing with my 93 katana 600, came across a hose that wasn't hooked up underneath my passenger seat. Followed it back to a canister mounted to the frame with the part number 17210-20C00. What is it and is the rear hose supposed to be hooked up or is it supposed to act as a purge line?

Cali smog equipment.... If you have some parts under the tank with a few hose the connect to the head, you have the whole smog setup, if you don't, then it's not needed......hell none of it is really needed..
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 08-27-2016, 07:34 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Cali smog equipment....
      So is the hose at the rear of the canister supposed to be hooked up to something?

I'm pretty sure I have the whole set up, wires at the front of the canister went under the tank, didn't investigate further.
      Last edited by Outlaw2187; 08-27-2016, 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Take that crap off.... All of it.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Is there a how to on the site? Search function is acting screwy on my phone

Comment

Use the google option. Real easy just pull it off. The only vac line gets run from carb 4 to the petcock, all hoses from the bottom of the tank run to the bottom of the bike, as well as the carb vent hoses (front vertical ports). Buy or fab blank off plates for the head. Unplug the fan or remove it.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Sounds pretty easy haha. Thanks bud

Comment

Working...
              X