X

Jet kit pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet kit pre

Thinking about buying a jet kit for use on my 95 600 katana, California emissions model. I have some bent needles and worn emulsion tubes.

Is factory pro and dynojet the only options for a pre? Also where should I buy the emulsion tubes? Figured I should replace the needles and needle jets together.
    Last edited by tonepaq; 08-21-2016, 12:53 PM.

DJ and FP are the main ones, there might be another random one, but it's likely shit. Factory Pro would be the one I'd go with. You can buy the needle jets from bike bandit, ron ayers, or a dealership can order them for you. I have some good used ones. Let me know if I can help.

Comment

If you were replacing the needles on an otherwise stock bike, would you still put the jet kit in or just replace with stock needles?

Comment

In my honest opinion, jet kits always runs better. You don't have to modify the bike in any way to benefit from proper jetting.
        Last edited by arsenic; 08-21-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

I Agree
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I have a set of 4 nickle plated emulsion tubes. Actually I have like 10, but I'll pick the 4 best ones.

Comment

Hey guys im new to the Kat scene so I was curious if you could answer something for me. I have an 88 kat 600 that I got as a project, it was torn apart. I put the carb assembly back together and while doing so snapped a float by accident. I then replaced all the floats with stocks from bike bandit. After replacing the floats i then found that one of the jets was stripped so i backed it out with a reverse bit and it came out clean. Due to the stripped jet i just ordered an ebay jet kit special...like four sets of jets or something like that. I then installed a 1 size bigger jets to all four carbs. I then got individual cone filters and installed them. Now the bike idles fine but has a hesitation when given throttle. Could this be do to the bigger jets i put in?, they were only one size bigger than stock. Also noticed when a load is applied in first gear it tends to bog out and die. Just curious as to what this could be and didnt know if it delt with jets or not. Thanks for any info in advance.
              Last edited by Katpeeps87; 10-02-2016, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Yes, it the main jets could effect it. However, those dumbass cone filters you installed are way worse. You say "they are only one size bigger" like that's not a big deal. It's a HUGE deal bruh. Carburetors aren't a guessing game.

Comment

I agree 100% with both 92xjunker and Arsenic. Correct jetting is critical. Factory Pro is recommended. They helped me out greatly when resolving my issues with my Kat. Following their advice has rewarded me with a much more reliable and excellent running bike. Trust me when I say from personal experience on this forum that those two know their shit

Comment

So can i run the stock airbox with the bigger jets then?

The reason i say only is because the kit came with four different sets of jets and i just used the next step up.
                    Last edited by Katpeeps87; 10-02-2016, 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Bogging is a rich condition, what exhaust are you running? Stock = use stock jetting, single can stock to 115, depending how it runs. A/F at 2.5 turns out. Stock filter and airbox. Should be pretty close.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Vance&hines exhaust is what its running im not sure if its stock or not

I just looked and the jets that were used were (2)140 and (2)142.5
                        Last edited by Katpeeps87; 10-02-2016, 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Too large. Install the 115 mikuni jets.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Where can they be found? Bikebandit.com has the 137.5 as stock on their site

Nevermind i found it thanks for the info, should all 4 jets be 115 then? Sorry for all the questions.
                            Last edited by Katpeeps87; 10-02-2016, 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

With the after market exhaust, yes
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X