X

no vacuum hoses/lines on carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no vacuum hoses/lines on carbs

how bad does this affect my idle problem..? it either high revs or dies, and I can't find that sweet spot inbetween . I've rebuilt the carbs and replaced all gaskets and don't kno if it has 2 do with it missing the vacuum hoses/lines.i bought the bike this way and already fixed/replaced everything else but don't kno what 2 do now cuz of the idle problem..is the missing vacuum stuff all that's wrong..?

Vacuum caps for carbs 1,2,3 and vac hose from 4 to back of petcock. That's a start.

Comment

i put the new hose on the side of carb 2 the remaining peticock . it's wanting 2 idle but still will hold a high Rev and slowly come back down 2 a bog,then die again..do I need 2 remove the cap from #4 and put the hose there or leave the hose on the side..?

Comment

What year is it?.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

93 katana 600f

Comment

4 sync caps,1 on each diaphragm cap. vac port on the side of carb 4. Which leads to the back of the petcock. Did you sync the carbs yet?
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

yes,they synch'ed.

Comment

Are all four cylinders firing? You can check by measuring the header pipes. truely, I think you need to reservice the carbs and check everything, float heights, emulsion tubes (o not 0) reclean them with a carb dip.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

I guess I should have asked if it was a pre or post..lol

Comment

how many carb adjustments is there..? I kno of course the warm idle adjustment,is there a cold idle adjustment other than using the choke..? and yes all 4 cylinders are firing..!
                    Last edited by Daniel88bishop; 08-16-2016, 01:49 PM. Reason: 4got more info

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel88bishop View Post
                      how many carb adjustments is there..?
                      More than you're doing

Comment

You can adjust how synced the carbs are to each other, the A/F needles can be adjusted, the float height can be adjusted, needle position can be adjusted with a jet kit, idle and choke can be adjusted as you already seem to know.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                        X