Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

1989 and 1995 carbs similarity (600gsxf)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 and 1995 carbs similarity (600gsxf)

Greetings from Finland. Just bought -89 600gsxf wich has been standing cold 2yrs.
    At least 3 carbs are overflowing or leaking. Is it possible to change the whole carburator set from 1995 600gsxf? Because I could get working ones quite cheap.

I am no good at mechanics so that would be easier to me.

Thanks for any help already.

Aki Rautio

You're no good at mechanical stuff so doing mechanical stuff will be easier for you? I'm not sure we're on the same page here.

Comment

Absolutely and they are better carbs..
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It's not a straight swap, but it's possible.

Comment

I meant that it is easier than opening old carbs and trying to clean/fix them. Sorry my bad english.

But if it's not straight swap, then i don't know wich i will do.
          Last edited by Akira-73; 08-09-2016, 01:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It's not a straight swap because the newer bike uses a different choke setup.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Ok. So it's not straight swap. But what would you recommend? Fixing originals (27€/carb if cleanig won't help) or 75€ whole 1995 carb set and modifications that will work with it?

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                It's not a straight swap because the newer bike uses a different choke setup.
                That's not the main thing at all Steve. The 88-89 600 and 98+ have 1 fuel outlet. The 90-97 600 has two. The petcock is the main difference. The choke set up is ONLY different on the 88 600. Otherwise it's not different enough to worry about.

Originally posted by Akira-73 View Post
                Ok. So it's not straight swap. But what would you recommend? Fixing originals (27€/carb if cleanig won't help) or 75€ whole 1995 carb set and modifications that will work with it?
                If you think you're getting a good, working set of carbs for 75 EUR, you're not. End of conversation.
                Last edited by arsenic; 08-09-2016, 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So let's just agree that 88-89 bikes should go in the trash chris
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                    So let's just agree that 88-89 bikes should go in the trash chris

Comment

Thank you. You really helped me. Now I am so motivated and my path is clear. i will burn that shit on my field and keep driving my car.

Comment

Whatever floats your boat man.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira-73 View Post
                          Thank you. You really helped me. Now I am so motivated and my path is clear. i will burn that shit on my field and keep driving my car.
                          That's crazy......its just a carb set, it's not that difficult to swap over. Yes 88-89's are the bastard of the family.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                            That's crazy......its just a carb set, it's not that difficult to swap over. Yes 88-89's are the bastard of the family.
                            Of course you are right. But I'm so frustrated because I wanted to ride this summer, but it seems that I can't get any how-and-what-to-do advice with my problems. I was stupid to think that I have enough time from my wife and three kids to learn fixing the bike by myself. And now it's closing to that point where you just have to pay. A lot.

Comment

Slow down, take your time, work and learn as a hobby. It will get done at some point.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X