No announcement yet.
X

From too rich to too lean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, you really need to check the needles. The only reason to have that size main is if you have Factory Pro Needles. It's still not the right jetting, but if you have FP needles I get why somebody fucked it up that way. I'm guessing you have a 98-06 600? You've never said, and I looked to see what bike you have.
    Last edited by arsenic; 08-27-2016, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Yea it's a 2000 600. Sorry I thought I mentioned.

Comment

Arsenic I found another leak. Seems the air box drain hose didn't have a plug. Also pulled the intake tubes, carbs side is plyable but the head side of ring was flat as hell. Them are also on my own ring list. How can I tell if the needles have been changed?

Comment

If the needle has multiple grooves for the e-clip, it's a jet kit needle. If there is only 1 groove, it's US OEM. It's also stamped 5DH30-54, Jet kit needles aren't marked at all. Count the number of grooves. I'm almost 100% sure it's Factory Pro. If they are Djnojet needles with Mikuni main jets, it's a giant cluster fuck.

Comment

Yup like 5 notches. It's on the top one.

Comment

You sure about that? Count the grooves again.

Comment

Sorry second notch.

Comment

Okay cool. That's a Factory Pro needles. I just checked and DJ needles have 6 grooves for the e-clip. I thought it was DJ = 5, FP = 4, but it's DJ = 6, FP = 5.

Comment

So O rings and Needles, along with seals.....damn it man.

Comment

When did I say anything about you needing needles? The way this is going right now, this will end in failure. Mark my words. It's important you understand what people tell you.

Comment

Must have misunderstood. So needles are fine? Should I move the eclip?BTW I'm back to factory jets

Comment

See if you can google up the FP jet kit instructions. They should say where to set the clips at for starting tuning.
                          And yes, needles are fine. They're basically all you get with a jet kit. Needles and a few jets. But the jets are all oem or plus a size or two. It's the needles that are different, different taper than stock. And that's where the magic really lies.

So needles are good, look around for the FP instructions. They've been posted on here a couple times even so they're out there.
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            Okay cool. That's a Factory Pro needles. I just checked and DJ needles have 6 grooves for the e-clip. I thought it was DJ = 5, FP = 4, but it's DJ = 6, FP = 5.
                            Now, you correct me........
                            Oops, off by one all round...
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                              See if you can google up the FP jet kit instructions. They should say where to set the clips at for starting tuning.
                              And yes, needles are fine. They're basically all you get with a jet kit. Needles and a few jets. But the jets are all oem or plus a size or two. It's the needles that are different, different taper than stock. And that's where the magic really lies.

So needles are good, look around for the FP instructions. They've been posted on here a couple times even so they're out there.
                              I already gave him the FP instructions.

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                              Now, you correct me........
                              Oops, off by one all round...
                              I didn't know either man, all good.
                              Last edited by arsenic; 08-10-2016, 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Arsenic has been more then helpful as has the other Guys here....lol no pun intended Guy. Any who seems I need carb rebuild kits and a few seals. I will not give up on these carbs. I just lacked the knowledge as to the cluster fuck I walked into. Again I want to continue to thank Arsenic and the guys and will continue to update with any progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X