X

Whats the point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the point?

So if anyone has been following the saga that is my 00 Kat 600. I have ran into an issue. Kat ran fine when I started on this endeavor but has since "found" or created a few more. Bike started with front fairing wiring issue with the headlight. Got that fixed and found I had a carb bowl leaking. So off with the tank, air box and carb pack. Removed said bowl and fixed. Upon removing carbs I realized someone did not have the push cable installed. So I installed it. Since then it has been hell trying to get this carb pack to not surge to 3k when I hook everything up. I have taken the carbs back off. Reset the mixture screws to 2.5 turns and the a/f to 2.25 because I was getting a pop at anything higher. When it reves to 3k if I press my screw driver on the A/F mixture screw in the middle of the pack it goes down. Didn't do this before the push cable was installed. I have let all the slack out of the cables and it doesn't seem to be enough but when I look at the butterflies they appear closed. What is the point of a push cable? If the springs actually break and it starts to get away from me.....isn't that what the kill switch is for? Pull clutch and kill her......roll to a stop? I know this is something that is learned with experience as I have many years on a bike but I have never had this issue.

The point of the push cable is some sort of thought that if the pull cable snapped you would still be able to throttle down or something like that.

I think I mentioned in one of your other threads, just to go ahead and remove it if it's a headache, you aren't missing anything.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

new cables then I will see how things go.

Comment

I'm confused in what you're calling the A/F screw .vs the mixture screw, and saying that they are at 2.5 turns, and 2.25 turns. The A/F screws ARE the mixture screws. Then you refer to what I believe are screws for synchronizing the carbs as A/F screws. If you changed the settings of the syncronizing adjustment screws, that may be your issue.

Comment

I mislabeled in the OP

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Dad View Post
              I have taken the carbs back off. Reset the mixture screws to 2.5 turns and the a/f to 2.25 because I was getting a pop at anything higher. When it reves to 3k if I press my screw driver on the A/F mixture screw in the middle of the pack it goes down. Didn't do this before the push cable was installed.
              Well... what you have done is mixed up the screws and what they do. What you called the A/F mixture screws in the above quote, are the sync screws. Your carbs are way out of sync, and that's why your gettting weird and high rpm surges.

You need to re-sync the carbs correctly to resolve the issue. There is no preset or starting point for us to tell you on that. There is a bench sync starting point you can do with the carbs off, but that still only gets it slightly close, and needs to be synced on a running bike with proper sync tool.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm in the process. Was gonna build a manometer. Gotta go pro though and buy one

Comment

Working...
                X