X

Carbs won't snap back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs won't snap back

Ok so I pulled my carbs off today because I had a leaky bowl. I hit it with a dab of black rtv and slapped it back together. Also noticed that the return cable wasn't attached upon disassembly, so I reattached it when I put them back on. Seems to idle to high. Idle screw is backed out all the way. Loosened the return cable and she idled down but I'm not getting any snap back when I release the throttle. Built in cruise control......unwanted obviously. Disassembled again and checked carbs. They snap just fine. Seems cables are binding....didn't have this problem before I took it apart any ideas ? Cables appear to be as straight as can be..... I dunno. Maybe needs lube or new cables....input please.

Cable bind in the hand control. Also there is a procedure for the cable slack for the post throttle cables.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Please explain

Comment

Ummm it's in the manual, can't remember exactly how. Having the return cable loose in the control could cause it to come off the grove and get hung up inside the control.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Double check your cable routing and choke cable to make sure its not getting hung up somewhere. Use some wd40?

Comment

cables are free when carbs are off but when I hook them up they are sluggish. Time for new cables.

Comment

It's adjustment of the push/pull cables. It's hard to explain. You'll need to mess with it. You may be able to get it just through playing with the fine adjustments at the throttle. Or you can just take the push cable off and be done with it
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

that is what they did... now I know why

got to looking on the ol interwebs and I cannot find a push pull set of cables except for ebay. This may be the reason.......guess I will buy an ebay set or just remove the push cable.
                Last edited by Sgt. Dad; 07-26-2016, 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

they aren't sold as a set, they are two different part numbers. You definitely can order them from Ron Ayers, Bike Bandit, or any other place that sells OEM Suzuki parts.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

http://www.venhillusa.com/venhill-un...cable-kit.html

Available via eBay too... Top quality kit !!
                    2005 Katana 750

Comment

Even better..... I have a new set. Take them....they are for my flat slides but, im good with letting them go. They're just hanging around.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

I'll take em off your hands if you wanna toss them in the mail. Got paypal

Comment

Actually it's simple...

Do the pull cable first. Mount it, then adjust the pull throttle cable to have 1/4" turn on the throttle before it engages. That means you should have a little bit of free play when at rest for the throttle before it will engage the rpms.

Then, do the same thing for the return cable. By holding the carbs open, you should have 1/4" turn before the cable will force the carbs closed.

If you do not have the 1/4" play on both cables, they bind against each other and will hold the carbs open.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Holy fucking batshit. That's the most solid information I've gotten so far. Well besides Guy with his help and cables

Comment

Tim! Stop being helpful on the internet, you're giving the rest of us a bad name
                              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X