X

I've read and searched. Won't start.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read and searched. Won't start.

So the other day I was going to the store to fetch something. When I came back the bike wouldn't start. Turn the key, neutral, head light on and then when I pressed the go button the head light turned off and I heard a relay click.

Tried again and no power at all. The headlight wouldn't even turn on. The bike will start with a jump and stay running. But when I shut it off and try to start it again... Nothing

Any ideas???? It's been running great for the past couple months. Battery is at 13V. But I never did a load test on it yet.

Buy a new battery.

Comment

the clue is " it will start when jumped"
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

But this lack of any power at all is what's puzzling. Lights don't draw that much current. I've run batteries dead before, but the lights turn on.

Comment

Yeah, it's confusing. I can't say why it's doing all the things it's done, but I do know how to fix it. See post #2.

Comment

Verify all of your electrical connections are clean and the battery terminals are tight.

Does it start ? If not, put the battery on a charger over night.

Does it start ? If not, buy a new battery.
            2005 Katana 750

Comment

I would start with a new battery, if it still won't start I would look at all connections and grounding points.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Sounds like battery, mine did the same thing, buy a new battery. If it is not the battery it is a good place to start
                Last edited by dano68; 07-13-2016, 07:59 AM.
                2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
                  Sounds like battery, mine did the same thing, buy a new battery. If it is not the battery it is a good place to start
                  +1

Comment

Yup +11111

battery looks like it has 12 or 13 volts but as soon as you hit the starter button it goes for a crap = no start buy a new one!

Bought one of these and never looked back, that was a couple of years ago.

Comment

Y'all were right. Battery. Runs now.

Comment

I am having the same problem.

I first tried to charge the battery overnight. I found it odd that the charger showed that the battery was full almost imidiattely after I plugged it in...

Anyway, I tried putting the *fully-charged* battery back in and tried starting again today. Nothing... No turn on the starter, no sound, very low light on the parkinglight.

Is a new battery your best tips in this issue as well?

Comment

After a while, a battery will show full charge, but under load it drops to zero. At that point, buy a new battery.

Comment

Working...
                          X