X

Post Carb O Ring sizes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Carb O Ring sizes

After extensive searching I could not find the o ring sizes for post (mine's a 98) 600 carbs. I found myself at BikeBandit.com smh over the prices of single o rings. After some test fitting I have the sizes I am successfully using. They are as follows:

A/F Screw O ring .................... 1mm wide X 3mm ID.
    Jet O ring .............................. 1.5mm wide X 5mm ID.
    Float Valve Needle Seat O ring .. 1.5mm wide X 6mm ID.

***(informed that the float valve seat's proper size is a 1.5mm wide X 7 mm ID)***

All are Viton type and are working well.
    I just finished off my last tank of gas, a lot of agressive riding for the 600, and got 46mpg.
    The power is there, throttle response is there, return to smoothe idle, The bike is running great!

Good luck with your kat!
    Last edited by mmiltonp; 07-12-2016, 02:32 PM. Reason: I stand corrected
    yep, I think I'm finally responsible enough to ride a bike that I don't have to pedal ; )

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Cool, Thanks for adding those wiki links Steves! For the float valve seat its calling for a 7mm ID, I would have sure used that if I had found that info... I could have asked I suppose, but oh well : )
      yep, I think I'm finally responsible enough to ride a bike that I don't have to pedal ; )

Comment

lots of good information in the wiki.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

oh yeah its a lot of info. I searched the forums and seem to remember wiki too. I do recall the search terms I used not giving me the information I was looking for.

I just went to the wiki and searched "post 98 carb o rings" got back no results

then tried "Carburetor O rings" and again no results ... so.. I did the best I could : )
          Last edited by mmiltonp; 07-12-2016, 11:56 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Working...
          X