X

Yosh zyclone or race baffle.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yosh zyclone or race baffle.

I have been looking into different exhaust options and I've been reading opinions on the Yosh pipes lately. The RS-3 comes in two different baffles. {Zyclone & Race} Most the opinions I have read says that the Zyclone version is just about as quiet and restrictive as the stock can and that you should definitely go with race. The problem is I can only find the zyclone version for the kat. Im sure someone here has a Yosh. Please let me know what you think. I am wondering if the fact that it says "race" that a lot of people seems to think its better. I have found a comparison in db's and its only a 3db difference. Would 3db's be that much louder?
    My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

I've got a Yoshi RS3 carbon Zyclone slip-on. I'm quite happy with it. It's louder than stock for sure, especially at idle, but not so loud that it's obnoxious or really attracts attention. If you want attention this is not the pipe for you, but in a small town and if you care about your own hearing, it's nice (you can block it out with earplugs). Good deep tone without going overboard. The race version is actually twice as loud (dB is a logarithmic scale, so a 3dB difference doubles the sound intensity).

Comment

It was my understanding that Yoshimura didn't actually sell the RS-3 with their race baffle; all their commercial exhausts use the zyclone... I think.

I just installed an RS-3 slip-on, and JeffM is right on the money; it's louder at idle, but not annoyingly so. At speed, you can definetly hear the difference, which is also nice (mine is backfiring, which I'm hoping is just a result of slightly gunked up carbs). If you're looking to go loud and proud, get a D&D and earn the ire of all your neighbors; if you want something made for Suzuki bikes, then get a Yosh.

Comment

Working...
      X