X

Clutch Wire Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Wire Problems

Soooo i recently removed my clutch wire so i could replace my chain cover. Being ignorant to motorcycle repairs, I didnt know i was taking off my clutch wire. Long story short, I didnt put it on properly so now everytime i release the clutch lever the bike shuts off. How many rotations is needed to install properly?
    My character is based of what I stand for. My reputation Is based off what I fall for. I am ME.

the clutch cable? or the wire that connects to the bars?

Comment

Originally posted by coolkittens View Post
      the clutch cable? or the wire that connects to the bars?
      clutch cable at the bottom of the bike that leads into the cable cover.
      My character is based of what I stand for. My reputation Is based off what I fall for. I am ME.

Comment

iirc when you release the clutch cable it is supposed to interact with the neutral switch i just went through this whole circuit with my 600. was all fine before you messed with it?

Comment

+1, it's electrical. Sidestand switch could also be the problem, it is by the sprocket cover.
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-13-2016, 10:30 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

junker is correct. the sidestand switch is routed directly in front of the cover. perhaps you pinched it upon re installation.

Comment

switch. like an actual switch? yea the bike ran fine before i took it apart. i'll break it down again this weekend. local shop told me the cable needed to be adjusted but was a 3 week wait.

Comment

check the side stand switch. when its up it presses it you will see

Comment

There is the neutral switch, it comes out of the transmission and up through a rubber grommet to the interlock circuit.
                  Then there is the side stand switch. It is easily pinched in the chain cover (you mean the from sprocket cover right??)

You need to have the clutch in
                  or
                  Side stand up
                  or
                  In neutral

For the bike to run, if the side stand switch got pinched and cut (or maybe shorted to the case) the bike thinks the side stand is down and kills the bike.

If the neutral switch got pinched or shorted and the bike thinks you're in gear, and the side stand is down, it will kill the bike.

So a couple of possible issues when working on that case..

Comment

I found a mechanic who fixed it. Unfortunately there was many other issues needed to get the bike functional. Thanks guys.

Comment

Well that leaves us hanging......
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                      X