X

clutch/ transmission.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch/ transmission.

So. I have a 600 engine ill be putting onto a 750 frame. but the clutch slips after mobil one oil. just read that its bad for these clutches. also i found a dead link to a clutch adjusment. wondering if anyone has an up to date source.

That all depends. If it's Mobil 1 4T motorcycle oil, it's fine. If it's Mobil 1 automotive oil that isn't JASO MA rated, you need a new clutch.

Comment

there is specific oil for motorcycles. got it. whats the best replacement clutch? lol

Comment

Originally posted by coolkittens View Post
        So. I have a 600 engine ill be putting onto a 750 frame. but the clutch slips after mobil one oil. just read that its bad for these clutches. also i found a dead link to a clutch adjusment. wondering if anyone has an up to date source.
        Ummmm, the manual.....can't work on a bike without one, well you can but, it usually doesn't go well.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ouch, that was Jimmy's clutch adjustment. It was a good one.
          The manual is also fine, however I think an important part of Jimmy's was when screwing in the adjuster screw to apply just the slightest amount of pressure.

About oil, best oil I found was Shell Rotella ($10), it's basically for diesel trucks so it has the fewest additives. I found the worst was high priced motorcycle oils, my clutch was terrible after using Bel-ray ($25). It cleared right up though, no need to take the clutch apart IMO.

Comment

Agreed. I also have been using Rotella for a few thousand miles without issues.

Comment

no shit? i run rotella in my audi. i guess if it works for my car it will work for my bike. i usually run t3 fleet im assuming thats what you mean by low adds. diesel?

Comment

I never ran anything but, mobile1 synthetic in my Audi. Just to protect the turbo, they have a tendency to coke up. Even with synthetic. K04's are better but, still have the problem. Audi has a service bulletin on it.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  I never ran anything but, mobile1 synthetic in my Audi. Just to protect the turbo, they have a tendency to coke up. Even with synthetic. K04's are better but, still have the problem. Audi has a service bulletin on it.
                  My WRX doesn't like synthetics..
                  I've been running Rotella in it too..

Comment

had no problems thus far with the k04/rotella. loves it. and i beat it very hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X