X

just general questions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just general questions.

so ive got an 88 600 and a 92 750. picked them both up at a good price the six is essentially the parts/project bike where the 750 is gonna be my rider.

anyway. when i got the 750 it had sat for 6+ years so i did the usual clean the tank the carbs new plugs and oil. pretty much everything
    Now, what i didnt know when i bought the bike was that it had the second gear problem, a problem whereas it is non existant at all.
    one of the first parts that i swapped off the 600 were the exhaust and while doing it i noticed that the blocks looks almost identical, if not. so my question in that case is will the transmission be swappable from the 600 to a 750 or should i just put the 600 engine into the 750 frame and call it a day.
    also how alike are the clutchs on these bike? do they interchange.

next question. the 600. when purchased came to me in pieces. i essentially got it running rather well but then tried to ride it. when i put the bike in gear it died. i traced the harness to a three pin diode on the right side next to the battery. the diode was missing. i also traced the side stand switch wire down to find that it had been spliced together previously but was not connected. so i re spliced the wires together. and tried it again. still nothing. how (if you can) do you bypass the what i believe to be neutral switch sensor thingy.

next guestion. would it be blasphemy to remove the god awful shovel looking tag bracket on the back? i gotta say ive seen ugly things in my life but god. that things hideous.

these are them by the way.

Last edited by coolkittens; 04-12-2016, 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The "diode" is the side stand/ clutch safety circuit.
    Common issue is that the side stand switch goes out.
    Either because of the side stand bending, the return spring wearing out etc.
    It's a drastic step to prevent you from riding off with the stand down, it can lead to cut out from vibration when stuff wears. Follow the wiring diagram to trace out what's at fault.

The 600 pipe isn't the best choice for the 750 IMO..
    I don't know about the compatibility of transmission parts, but Ron Ayers or bike bandit have the microfiche and you can cross reference the parts to see what fits both bikes.

Dude, everyone removes the shovel... :0

Comment

alright cool. didnt wanna get shunned for doing it lol. and i couldnt find a better alternative for a pipe. the people before me botched the pipes up the cut the end caps off removed baffles and made one hell of an attempt to put it back on with i would assume wayyyy to hot of welding rods.

Comment

The day that I spend more than 2 seconds trying to impress someone with a Suzuki Katana is the day life is no longer worth living.

Comment

well i mean i like mine. although obviously there are newer,faster and better looking bikes out there. this one is mine. lol

Comment

Originally posted by coolkittens View Post
            well i mean i like mine. although obviously there are newer,faster and better looking bikes out there. this one is mine. lol
            That's great man, I love Katanas as well. I'm not trying to talk shit about them. Let me put it this way, I'm a big fan of wrist watches. I have 26 of them. I'd say that 9 out of 10 people don't know if a watch is a Rolex or a Casio. I sure as shit don't wear a watch to impress anyone else. I would never try to impress anyone by ridding a particular motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              The day that I spend more than 2 seconds trying to impress someone with a Suzuki Katana is the day life is no longer worth living.
              Wait...
              Says the guy who last I knew was powder coating every bit and piece of his?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Wait...
                Says the guy who last I knew was powder coating every bit and piece of his?
                Yeah man, because I wanted to do that. Trust me, I wasn't doing that to pick up chicks.

Comment

Working...
                X