X

Carb linkage issue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb linkage issue?

So hey, I haven't been on here much lately and I do appreciate all of the good advice from all of you. I have another issue to bring up, I have a throttle issue, the bike "bogs" upon opening the throttle, and then after holding it open for a few seconds seems to clear up. I took the tank off, looked at the throttle linkage on the carb( while opening the throttle) and noticed the linkage does not open carbs 1 and 2 when it opens 3 and 4. They do open up after twisting the throttle a bit more but not nearly at the same time. I noticed the bit of linkage that actuates carbs 1 and 2 seems to be missing something, a spring maybe? I also have noticed the plugs for cylinders 1 and 2 are carbon fouling while the 3 and 4 seem to look good. Please help.

Sounds like your missing a linkage spring or it is installed wrong.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

There is definitely something missing, I wish I were better with terminology and the art of situational explanation, but I've looked at so many carb diagrams and it looks like the bottom piece is where the idle adjustment comes in. i wish I could find a good diagram, would this cause the fouling of the two plugs, would this cause them to not be receiving the proper air needed for appropriate fuel burn?

And this is going to sound newbish as hell, especially the terminology, I've noticed there are slides on the air box side of the carbs that kinda bounce around a bit in carbs 3&4 during idle whereas the slides in carbs 1&2 don't . Is this an issue? Is it related to the issue I have described? Again, I apologize for the lack of appropriate terminology.
      Last edited by CLYNT BEASTWOOD; 04-09-2016, 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, slide flutter on two carbs tells me you need a sync, 3&4 are open too far at idle.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ok. Thanks junker

Comment

[/QUOTE]
            This is the linkage that is wonky

Is this the pieces I would need, it's everything that is below this screw and spring that is missing, there in another similar piece below this piece of linkage that I believe needs a spring to make contact. God I'm horrible with explanations
            Last edited by CLYNT BEASTWOOD; 04-10-2016, 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You need item #25 chief, that's it. I have no idea why you have every part of the A/F screw assembly circled, but I fairly confident the A/F screw has zero to do with the butterfly valves opening at the same time. Every time I think legalizing pot is the right thing too do, I read something like this and need to rethink my stance.

Comment

Yeah, after I looked at it again I realized I was looking at the wrong parts. The spring is all I need? How is it held in place between the two pieces of the linkage? Is the screw coming from the top long enough to go through and hold it in place between the linkage parts?

Comment

No, nothing has to hold it in place. It's a spring dude, you are aware how those work right?

Comment

Oh, and thank you for the reply. Do you have any pics that I can reference to see how it all works and comes together?

Comment

this is highly complex spring physics

Comment

how does the spring not fall out between the 2 pieces then?

Comment

Cause it's a spring and it's compressed between two things. This might blow your mind, but there's two more that work exactly the same way. One between #4 & #3 and another between #2 & #1.

Comment

Maybe I am missing more than one piece

Comment

Like logical thought?

Comment

Working...
                              X