Started Fine a Couple Weeks Ago!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started Fine a Couple Weeks Ago!

2003 GSX600F

I started it up fine a couple weeks ago, but the battery wouldn't hold a charge. Got new battery today, and it didn't want to turn over. Finally it did and kept on idling really low (unless I revved it a bit, which I did) until stalling. When I revved it up to around 4k RPMs or higher, it cut out. After a little while of holding the accelerator around 1-2k RPMs, it started idling up to 3k RPMs by itself. It was occasionally making loud bangs like it was backfiring, and then after starting to go around 4k RPMs by itself, I shut it off and immediately there was an even louder bang.

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it? It's been in the garage all winter and I started it up several times to keep it running. I made sure to add stabilizer and it had a full gas tank.

... I needed to sell it before summer was in full swing too! I guess that's not happening now
    $1,500
    66.67%
    $2,000
    33.33%
    $2,250
    0.00%
    $2,500
    0.00%
    $2,750
    0.00%
    $3,000
    0.00%
    $3,500
    0.00%
    Last edited by Jcates888; 04-05-2016, 08:34 PM.

oops nevermind... I figured it out. I'm just stupid, that's all (or at least I haven't been spending enough time with my Kat).

Comment

What was the issue ?
      In case anyone else end up having the same issue 😃

Comment

Was isn't $500 an option in the poll?

Comment

I really don't think anyone else will have this problem... lol I was moving the choke in the wrong direction ... started it up a little bit later and started right up just fine. It took a little while to start the first time just because it was cold (30 degrees and hadn't been started in a couple weeks). I was flooding it with too much gas.

Comment

I'm proud of you
            '92 GSX600F Bobber
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe $700-$1000?

Comment

in Canada, that bike would be worth a min. of $1500

Comment

According to NADA for your area about $1700 is book value.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                  X