• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Volksboy69 View Post
    Fyi.

Left coil top=white and grey wire
    Left coil bottom=orange and white wire
    Right coil top=black and yellow wire
    Right coil bottom=orange and white wire
    If you think that makes a difference, rock on!
    Last edited by arsenic; 04-03-2016, 08:17 PM.

Comment

So just for the "what the hell" factor I decided to swap the plug wires. And holy hell it fired up! Almost purred like a kitten. If kittens smoke and fart! But I'm pretty sure the bike has been sitting a while.

Anyway, I discovered that whoever worked on the bike didn't have a clue. The left coil which usually runs 1 and for 4. Had the coil leads for 2 and 3. Thats why the bike wouldn't run with the plug wires in the factory position! So I changed the leads and reset the plug wires to factory. "BOOM" she doesn't backfire at 3k like it was before. Prob need to clean carbs and pilot jets. But other than that she remains solid!

Fyi.

Left coil top=white and grey wire

Left coil bottom=orange and white wire
      Right coil top=black and yellow wire
      Right coil bottom=orange and white wire

Didn't I ask you to check that? Guess I should of been more detailed in my request....
      Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-03-2016, 05:21 PM.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Reading comprehension is hard

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Didn't I ask you to check that? Guess I should of been more detailed in my request....
          Oh I did, but I put them back how they should have been from the factory. Before I realized that they had the right coil set up to run 1 and 4 and not the left. And maybe arsenic is right about making no difference between top and bottom leads. But left coil and right coil is a different matter all together.

Comment

And maybe arsenic is right about making no difference between top and bottom leads. But left coil and right coil is a different matter all together.
            Maybe?

Comment

Working...
            X