X

Choke hold spring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke hold spring

Bought an 01 750, and the choke wont hold down. Did some looking around on here and determined that the spring assembly is missing from the control pod. Like, completely gone. I've checked bike bandit and ron ayers, but cant seem to find the part the I need to replace. all they wanna show is a screw in the bottom of the pod, but I know there's more than that. anyone have any tips where to score one?

Are you looking at the right diagram? Sounds like a stupid question but there is a diagram for the internails and also the externals. I was looking for a clip and screw and couldn't find it. Come to find out I was on the wrong diagram. There are just so many components to a set of carbs they had to divvy it up in two categories.

Not 100% sure in your case, but on mine the spring is on the choke cable. You turn the choke by the grip and it pulls the choke lever and compresses the spring. When you release it the spring pushes it back to normal. Sorry if this doesn't help.
    Last edited by Yoyosten; 04-03-2016, 09:20 PM.
    '92 GSX600F Bobber
    sigpic

Comment

Nah the part I'm talkin about goes in the bottom of the left hand control pod

Comment

Ordered a used pod off eBay for 20 bucks that has that spring assembly

Comment

Oh right on man. I thought you meant where it attached to the carb. Read it wrong.
          '92 GSX600F Bobber
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X