X

HELP carb needles not the same

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP carb needles not the same

Hi Everyone, I am restoring a 92 katana 600 I bought. I was rebuilding the carbs and saw the needle on the right is different from the rest. I might have lost the top ring part 13382-42A00 or it did not have it no prob I'll order one. As for the needles one is different. Is this ok? Do I have a jet kit? I live in Ca, but the plugs for the air/ fuel mixture were not there maybe carbs have be replaced? I am sure this bike has been pieced together, FrankenKat. OH and a super big thank you for carbs 101 I have it printed out on my bench. Thank you for any help.[IMG][/IMG]

No, that's not okay. The south needle is a jet kit needle, the north is not. Is it stamped 5F104? It should, that's the stock needle. Unless you have a CA model, then it's 5F105. The carbs haven't been replaced, you can remove those brass plugs real easily. I do that on every set I rebuild (which is a lot). So, you're asking if two different needles are ok and you've read carbs 101? Good luck man.

Comment

I am trying to find the right needles and I am having a hard time. the one in the picture is a stock 5F105. the others are not stamped. the main jets are stamped "R mikuni symbol 115". the needle jet is stamped "589 mikuni symbol P-2". will this part work if i buy 4 http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarke...edle?b=1576313 ? bikebanit Part Number: 1576313. it is the closest to the length of the other needles.

Comment

The stock main jets are 112.5, not 115. I have the 5F104 needles, 112.5 main jets, and 32.5 pilot jets. A bunch of P-2 needle jets too. In fact I have two completely rebuilt sets of 90-97 600 carbs. It's what I do. Let me know what parts you need, I have them all. I have no idea what a Mikuni 55.2mm needle is, you're on your own there.

Comment

I need the needles. I can get Part Number: 58035 Mikuni Large Round Main Jet (KN100-604) 4-Pack 112.5 for $11.95+shiping and Part Number: 1576000 Mikuni Pilot Jet (KN151.067) 4-Pack 32.5 for $16.95+shiping. Oh and i need a RING 13382-42A00
          Last edited by OnD4R1z3; 03-21-2016, 06:40 PM. Reason: add on

Comment

I can beat the price on the main jets. I have used mains, not new, but they're clean. Buy the new pilot jets for $16.95, those carry more of a premeium. PM me and I'll get you a total.

Comment

Working...
            X