2000 Katana - Wont Turn Over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Katana - Wont Turn Over

2000 Katana - Wont Turn Over

After having the bike sit for the winter and not trickle charging it the bike wouldnt turn over. I replaced the battery (albiet i should have tested since the other one was good) but no dice. Im thinking about starting with the wiring and seeing if the ignition button is getting any power at all but was looking for other ideas too if you have any.

Fuse is good, even replaced it for the hell of it but no good there.

All the lights come on when I turn the key as well.

Clutch safety would be the first to check. Also make sure it's in the run position, I know but, it happens.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ill check them both again, I know I need to have the kickstand up for the kill switch to be ready and the clutch pulled in all the way but it acts like it isnt up since i get lights but no action.

Doesnt help my neutral light is out since I bought it

Looks like i can check the relay too and see if its loose from some previous searches, whats the best way to check and see if the clutch safety is working?

Comment

a meter or unplug it at the lever and jump the wires together.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

big thanks for the help! i found that the kill switch for the clutch was disconnected after pulling the fairings off and taking a look today.

She wont start but at least shes trying now!

Comment

Working...
          X