X

Newbie Speedo Q

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Speedo Q

Hi y'all. New member, thanks in advance for the help.

New (used) Kat for me, instead of the 110/80 front tire it came with the previous owner stuck a 120/60 D08 on it .... trying to figure out how much speedometer error I have roughly.

I actually like the way the bike sits/rides/handles .... i'm a short guy and it doesn't hurt the seat height either, lol. I know there are better ways to do it, but it's the way I've learned to ride this thing .... not saying I may not swap in the future, but the tire is almost new

any thoughts on how much error ?

now sure speedo is reading high .... took a short blast down I-95 & to keep up with slow traffic it was reading 85, to stay with the "real" traffic it was reading near 100.

The slower traffic was probably running 70mph when I was reading 85mph, and the tach was at 6500 in 6th

If somebody has a formula so I know how off it is, that would be great.
    If (besides changing the tire) there was an easy fix, that would be even better ....

Comment

someone should be able to help you with that. I'm no good at math.

but know that the speedo is off from the factory. they do that to fool you into thinking you're going faster than you really are. there are a couple devices that correct the speedo. one is called speedo healer. google it.

oh and welcome aboard!

Comment

The difference is miniscule (about 1.25% difference at the speedo), or about 1/5th of the statistical error margin of the speedo to begin with.

I can show you how to calculate it exactly if you want.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X