Clip-on handlebars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip-on handlebars

Just wondering and scheming...

If a 2006 750 rider with stock handlebars was looking for a more aggressive seating position/ grip/ feel, what would be the easiest way to go from the bone-stock fork/ triple tree/ handlebar setup to a lower, clip-on set of bars?

I have no problem getting the levers, controls, grips, etc. off the bars, it's just a matter of where/ how one would install clip ons on the 2006 750. There doesn't appear to be a place to do it!

Thanks in advance for reading and replying, guys. This bike is my time/ money/ effort. It's November 8, 48 degrees outside, and I never for a second hesitated to commute on top of Black Betty today! Much love.

Problem with that idea is the bars will hit the tank, reducing the turning radius.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Do you think there's a way they could be adjusted/ installed so as to avoid that problem? Have you ever seen a Kat750 with clip ons below the triple tree?

Comment

There have been a couple here, all of them have the same issue.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I'll have to judge whether it makes sense to attempt it or not. Take care.

Comment

Guys on here with 600's are always wanting 750 bars for the extra inch or so of rise, trade your 750 bars for someones 600.

Comment

That is an idea
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
              X