X

Dead spark plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead spark plugs

My spark plugs dies, after just a few km's/hrs..
    It started after Winther stillstand, first cyl 1 then 2 and now 3, I replaced coils with cables, caps and new plugs, carbs was disasembled and cleaned..
    It's funny because it happens after stillstand, When I want to start it again (not all the time)

What can I do before I chose to throw it in Copenhagen harbour 👿
    Regards from Denmark
    Jan

What is your charging system putting out? Over volt could fry a coil.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Low voltage / running rich will also cause plugs to foul. My pre used to eat plugs until I added the coil relay mod and tuned the carbs properly (not how the dealer tuned them). Properly tuned, relay mod and iridium plugs on the post Kat ... the plugs seem to last indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
        Low voltage / running rich will also cause plugs to foul. My pre used to eat plugs until I added the coil relay mod and tuned the carbs properly (not how the dealer tuned them). Properly tuned, relay mod and iridium plugs on the post Kat ... the plugs seem to last indefinitely.
        Thanks for your advice.
        I'll better send the bike to the carb doctor, I dont have the knowledge to deal with this issue

Best wishes from DK.
        Regards from Denmark
        Jan

Comment

Working...
        X