X

kat 1988 wont go into gear..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kat 1988 wont go into gear..

So i am bulding this bike..I had to open the sprocket cover to pass the chain..I think I mustve done something wrong because the bike wont shift into gear.It doesnt go "all the way"It clicks but wont stay in gear.I managed to put it in second and 3rd..but I cant seem to shift in first.

Last edited by war113; 05-30-2015, 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is the bike running or is it off? It the bike just sitting there and you're trying to shift into first? It's not supposed to shift into first just sitting still not running. Try rolling it a little and shift while it's moving slightly.

Comment

oh fuck...yeah its sitting there..But on my other kat I cant click it into gear..

I am trying with the key onto the on position but havent tried moving it
      Last edited by war113; 05-30-2015, 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sometimes it shifts fine sitting still, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I roll the bike forward and shift while rolling. That usually does the trick.

Comment

Ok...Ive moved the bike ...lets just say I feel like a complete dumbass..hahahha

Comment

Originally posted by war113 View Post
            Ok...Ive moved the bike ...lets just say I feel like a complete dumbass..hahahha
            Everyone does stupid shit at least once. That's how you learn. If you do the same stupid shit more than twice, I can't help ya, you're a dumbass bro.

Comment

Hahahah the fact that my other bike got in gear easily while not moving..I figured I could always get in gear..well..

Comment

Is there a way to fix this...the guy gave me this flasher..but the wires are cut really short.I cant seem to open it.

Comment

Pretty sure it should open up more. There's usually a screw or two somewhere.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Pull the reflector out by pulling the clip out then you can remove the entire socket, the wires will pull right out with the lamp socket. Solder on new wires, heat shrink and reinstall the socket.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                    X