carb floats/needle... leaking oil/gas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
    Once again, how were the carbs cleaned?

Spray can and maybe a toothbrush? A bit of compressed air? From all I've read the Bandit carbs like to be completely clean, just like Katana carbs. That would be a strip down and soak in Berrymans for 24 hours for each carb. Then air, then a bit of fishing line through all the holes you can find to knock out anything not broken down and flushed out already. Rinse and reassemble.

Take your time, rebuilding a carb should test your concentration.

Do it once, do it right and save yourself the time and aggravation of doing it over again.

One more thing to check, is the tank clean as well?
    A guy I know thats a mutual friend of mine and the "bike mechanic" does a shit ton of work on carbs and he did a rebuild on it, only had to replace one jet and cleaned the piss out of them at the time, he didn't adjust the floats or nothing cuz he didn't know there was an issue, and I guess the guy never paid him to do the gaskets so he never changed those out either.

I guess I was just going off that being true, in which I wouldnt need to actually clean the carbs in such detail, I don't have a tool to sync up the carbs and I'd like to not have to go to the extent of taking it apart to such an extent if I don't need to.

Also being in wisconsin with our first 70 degree day a couple days ago I really wanna get out there. guess impatience is my biggest enemy, I'd rather get it done right and be able to be out there all year then have things done half assed. I'll get back to you all with updates.

I like this opportunity I have to learn about this bike more in depth. she'll be roaring soon enough
    Last edited by JohnnyPossum; 04-18-2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X