X

K&l 18-5060 carb kit proble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&l 18-5060 carb kit proble

Been a member for a couple years now. Ive done a lot of reading but no posting. Anyhow I bought 4 k&l kits for my 95 750 Kat. The problem is the oring for the smaller side of the float provides no resistance. Like it is too small. The kits only come with 4 o rings. I'm assuming 2 for the float, one for the vaccumm port and one for the piston valve block. I ordered o rings for the pilot screws separately. I have not received those yet. I used the largest ring on the piston valve block, 2nd largest on the big side of the float, 3rd on the small side of the float and smallest o ring on the vacuum port.

Did I screw this up? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks - Shawn

So I orderd a oring kit from a seller on eBay and they fit great,nice and snug like the originals. I know I could have piece mealed the rings myself but I didnt have the time and liked getting them all with one click. I don't know what's up with the orings in the K&L kits but they fit loose and sloppy. I even swapped the order and they didn't fit well. Hopefully the K&L Petcock kit is better as I still have that to rebuild as I wait for my pilot jet plugs to come in.

Comment

I've never had an issue with a K&L kit, but I rarely use them on pre 98 carbs. Maybe you just got a kit assembled by a kid in China that had a shitty day.

Comment

That was what I was thinking. I got the rest of my parts and some new fuel line so hopefully I'll get it up and running this weekend.

Comment

Working...
        X